Objectsheet Release Notes
The current Objectsheet release is V0.6.1
15 Oct 2008
Fixed bug in toggleButton display function where where action was not triggering correctly for single value parameter (supposed to trigger action formula only instead of cycling among values)
Changed table name cell delimiter for "alternate name" from ">" to ":". Only the alternate name is shown when the template is locked.
- Added database-like Array::select() and Table::where() methods.
- forcePrep behavior-- prefixing "*" to a prep formula forces one-time application of formula to all values in that column). If there are formulas in the column, forcePrep converts it to be a simple value and applys the prep formula to that value.
- Setting a Table column to name individual cells in another column ("=" prefix or postfix) now does bounds checking to ensure "=" points to an existing column.
- Enabled hiding of table columns by setting style cell in template to "display:none". This hides the column when the property template is hidden.
- Added "export HTML" feature (see File menu)
- Added "pasteNames" option (see Edit menu); if checked, copy objects and paste objects include column names.
created HTMLSection::focusName and HTMLSection::selectName to allow automatic selection and focus of named html input elements.
sum() function is now more flexible: accepts inputs as any mix of arguments, arrays, and objects. Sums all numbers found in all arguments.
String::toArray() now accepts any regular expression as a delimiter
- Added database-like select() (array) and where() (table) methods.
- Fixed bug in .histogram where keys passed in as array.
- Fixed bug in histogram() (code actually in valrange()) where non-numeric keys get converted to numbers).
- Removed forced conversion to number in valrange() to allow non-numeric categories to form part of histogram.
- Array::collect now has a flag indicating that null values are to be kept (default is that they are removed).
- Fixed bug in Math.engu().
- toDate() now parses masks for time as well as date
- In function Math.zfill(n,p), fixed bug where n == 0 was returning one character "0" for any p (number of decimal places) instead of p 0's.
- Added toTime(n) and prepTime(str) to allow a column's values to be a relative time. Input and out format is hh:mm:ss; value stored internally is the number of milliseconds. e.g., prepTime("0:01") = 1000.
- Added optional delim parameter to String.protoype.toArray(). This forces the delimiter to be delim. Also added item to edit menu to allow user to specify delim.
- In HTML sections, can set <select> values with option text only (no longer require value="...")
- Fixed security permissions problem of erroneously requesting UniversalXPConnect and UniversalBrowserRead.
- toggleButton() display formula, when used with a single argument, toggles that value on-off.
- corrected topic rollovers bug in osRef.html.
- fixed bug in menu item File > Save Packaged didn't work correctly for mozilla/mac
- Fixed bug in Array::min and Array::max (empty array case)
- Objectsheet saves all variables that happen to be in the namespace of HTMLSections and ScratchSections.
- Renamed user-redefinable parameters Panel.DEFAULT_VIEW_LEFT and Panel.DEFAULT_VIEW_TOP to Panel.MARGIN_LEFT and Panel.MARGIN_TOP respectively.
12 Jan 2008
- CSS style defaults for constrain() and hilite() functions
now modifiable by setting constrain.style and hilite.style
- Fixed bug in TableSection::copyObjects() and
TableSection::setObjectCount()--this is now done just by
- onOffArray() display function now accepts buttonCSS as a
- In textarea() display function: set default cols to be 1
so that table doesn't grow temporarily wide in Moz.
- Removed Math.fraction and prepFraction functions-- may be
reinstated in a library; expect it not to be used so much
to be "core" functions.
19 Dec 2007
- Overhauled and simplified "Panel" container, eliminating all images
- Objectsheet now can be compiled into a single file and distributed as such, a la TiddlyWiki.
- Objectsheet content/applications can now be saved inside the one-file Objectsheet, a la TiddlyWiki (see Menu File > Save Packaged)
- Wiki syntax in HTML section now follows TiddlyWiki's syntax
hilite() style helper function now accepts an optional numeric range:
hilite(expr, lo, hi) which hilights numbers (evaluated from expr) that are between lo and hi
- Cleaned up Table section css to text doesn't overflow cell boundaries in Mozilla.
- Objectsheet now works with the Safari Browser. Tested to date on Macintosh: File save does not yet work.
28 September 2007